Curatorial Assistant Position Available at The New York Botanical Garden
The New York Botanical Garden Herbarium is seeking a Curatorial Assistant for algae, bryophytes and fungi. This is a full-time, core (i.e., not grant funded) position.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Process incoming new collections, including digitizing specimens
• Digitize, repair and refile specimens returned from loan
• Update specimen database records to reflect taxonomic changes made by curators and visitors
• Assist in special Herbarium projects, such as expansion, rearrangement and curation
Qualifications for this position include:
• A minimum of a B.S. or B.A. in biology; taxonomy coursework preferred.
• Experience with herbarium specimens, specimen digitization and curation preferred
• Capable of accurate, efficient computer entry of botanical and geographical information
· Comfortable with climbing a 4 ft. ladder for filing specimens in extra-tall cabinets
• Capable of and willing to do organized, neat, detailed, and accurate work
We hope to fill the position by approximately 1 March 2017. If interested, learn more and apply for this position through the Garden’s Employment Opportunities website:
The New York Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer